I know a lot of people are going to be doing this type of thing, but I think it’ll be good for me to do. So, without further delay, let’s recap this year for me.
2019 was kinda… not that great overall, especially with mental health. But I’m actually going to focus on the good things. Despite the passing of my cat Shadow, who I had for over sixteen years (RIP buddy), I added two new family members to the squad. My guinea pig Haru, who’s been a good pal to my other guinea pig, Yuki, who I got last year. And a new cat, Phoebe, who’s been a great addition to the family as well. I did go back to school for the fall semester, and although it did not go too well overall, I DID finally pass a math class, which is huge for me. Not planning on trying classes again anytime soon, but if I do, I know that huge obstacle is finally out of the way. Probably the last big thing is I got a job for the first time in years, which I have been at for a few months now. I just learned today, unfortunately, that they are not keeping me beyond the seasonal position, as there are too few hours to go around, even for the normal workers. Pretty bummed about this to be honest, as I actually like working at Target. But, it is what it is, and there’s always potential to return there for another seasonal position or even a normal position, I just have to apply and see what happens. For now, I’ll probably do that along with looking around at other places.
As I down this sangria, we’re gonna get a little unprofessional here (this site was never professional to begin with, fyi) and make a delicious LIST of my plans for not only next year, but next DECADE. So these can be pretty big.
- Write, write, write. Become not only successful with the web novels, but get some actual books published.
- Stream, stream, stream. I don’t want to become a HUGE streamer on Twitch, but I want to get to the point where I grow a comfortable community. Become partnered? Sure. This all depends on the future of Twitch as well. It’s the internet, shit changes all the time.
- Save money, save money, save money. I’m not good at this. With this recent job, I’ve finally saved up a decent amount, but I’ve got to keep it going with whatever ways I’ll be making money in the future.
- Learn, learn, learn. In MY way. School has not been friendly with me these last several years. Me getting a degree is always something I’m willing to keep on the table, but in the end, I just want to learn new things. The biggest things I’m willing to try out outside of my mains of writing and streaming are art and coding. I’ve always loved the two, but there’s obviously a LOT to learn to be decent with the two. Branching off of this, I want to look into the game development stuff again, at least starting off with more tinkering with things in RPG Maker.
- Have fun, fun, fun. I’m a pretty mellow individual, but over the recent years I’ve opened up TREMENDOUSLY. I really need to just enjoy life and enjoy new things. “Fun” is also included in the things above. I don’t want to drain myself on writing and streaming, I want them to be things I can say I legitimately enjoy doing. Same with art and coding; I can see those things in the end at LEAST becoming big hobbies for me.
- Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies. Mentioned above, I really need to start making some things hobbies. I’ve had this mindset for years now that EVERYTHING I do has to work toward something I can work into making an income out of. Hell no. That’s a horrible mindset. I need to have fun (looping back to the last bullet) and expand my interest. I have so many video games, for example, that I could play. I’ve felt like “Oh, a new game? Better stream it to show my experience!” and yes, I can do that with a few select games, but I really need to just PLAY these damn games and enjoy them. Let’s not talk about how many games I have on Steam that I haven’t even touched.
If I have anything else to add, I’ll add it. I think that’ll do for this post, for now. Happy 2020 everyone, and let’s rock this new decade.